Investments form a critical part of most of our customer’s personal financial plans. Most people invest to improve their future situation, for a specific future event, or to supplement income either now or in the future.
If we are making investment decisions today that will directly affect our future wealth, it would make sense that we utilize a plan or strategy to help guide those decisions.
Surprisingly, the majority of people do not have in place, any type of formalized investment strategy.
Taking some time to put together a financial plan can reap tremendous benefits.
Our consultants are supported by product providers that have an enviable reputation in the investment market, offering innovative products and access to an extensive range of funds and fund managers.
There are two key aspects:
- The products (the wrappers or ‘pots’ that you hold your investments in)
- The assets (the underlying investment holdings)
The two should not be confused!
For example, Unit Trusts or Investment ISA’s are not in themselves ‘risky’ investment products, they are simply a wrapper around money.
Investment wrappers, can be cautiously invested, and if so, they are suitable for cautious investors. They can equally be invested in highly speculative “asset” classes, in which case they are only suitable for speculative investors, comfortable with potentially very high volatility.
We have a broad range of investment wrappers we can advise on:
- Collective investments run by fund management companies.
- The fund manager buys a range of assets that are pooled in a fund.
- These funds are divided into units of equal value.
- The price of units rises and falls in line with the value of the investments in the fund.
Open Ended Investment Companies (OEIC’s)
- Collective investments that pool your money to purchase a range of assets.
- They have a simple pricing structure. It’s likely that many unit trusts will become OEICs eventually.
- Offer a more flexible alternative to established unit trusts.
- They are able to respond to market demand, and can contract or expand in size accordingly.
- Each year the government allows you to place up to a maximum amount into a tax- efficient wrapper, called an Individual Savings Account (ISA).
- Tax efficiency should result in improved performance compared to taxed savings and investments
Individual Savings Account (ISA) Transfers
- Many of our clients have CASH ISA’s, old PEP’s, old TESSA investments and also have many Equity ISA’s with different providers.
- You are able to transfer these schemes to benefit from consolidation, cheaper charging structures, and potentially benefit from increased investment growth.
- A packaged investment wrapper.
- Offer the advantage of being straightforward in terms of administration and management.
- Allow investment in a very wide range of collective funds
- Can be used in effective tax planning, particularly for higher rate taxpayers.
- Suitable for investing within a trust as part of a strategy to mitigate Inheritance Tax.
- Allow for investment through a regular premium
- Can be used for a variety of reasons, such as your children’s future education, wedding or the trip of a lifetime.
So, for advice that takes account of your circumstances and aspirations, from experts who can clearly explain the most suitable investment products and assets, please contact us.
To speak to one of our consultants you can either call us on 01564 776016 or submit an enquiry form and we will contact you shortly.